What is the Pupil Premium?
The Pupil Premium provides additional funding on top of the main funding a school receives and is intended to help students from disadvantaged backgrounds to 'close the gap' through raising attainment and improving progress.
Currently 21% of our students at Wixams Academy receive pupil premium funding.
Who is eligible for PP funding?
- If you are eligible for free school meals, either at the moment or at any point in the last six years (since September 2009).
- If you are a Looked after Child.
- If you are adopted from care or have left care on a special guardianship order or child arrangements order (previously known as a residence order).
- If you are a service child, or have a parents who were in the services from January 2011.
Mr Downes is the member of staff in school who oversees the way in which we use this money. If you have any questions about this, please email him firstname.lastname@example.org
If you think you may be entitled to free school meals, please contact your local authority.
“Our core purpose at Wixams Academy is to inspire and challenge all students to achieve exceptional things and to develop those key skills and qualities that will serve them throughout their lives.”
What is our rationale for the Pupil Premium Grant?
• Improve the academic outcomes of disadvantaged pupils of all abilities
• Close the attainment and progress gap between disadvantaged pupils and their peers
• Identify and implement strategies that help to increase social mobility
• Enhance pupils’ cultural literacy and wider enrichment opportunities
Please see our current Pupil Premium Strategy (2020-21) below: