Thank you for showing an interest in our Academy. We hope that the information we provide will encourage you to want to work here.
Wixams Academy is a happy and thriving learning community where expectations and standards are very high. Driven by our core value statement “Achieving Excellence Together”, we are committed to inspiring and supporting our students.
We are looking for high quality candidates to join our team of enthusiastic and committed staff. There is an excellent programme of CPD tailored to your needs. We provide exciting opportunities for learning and deliver a high quality and balanced curriculum for all students.
Opened in September 2017, our vibrant, state-of the-art Academy provides students with an inspirational learning environment to stimulate minds and fire the imagination. Our students enjoy being here and behaviour is very good, allowing you to take risks and be creative in your teaching. There is a huge range of extra-curricular activities offering you the opportunity to get involved in the wider life of the Academy.
Please be advised that if you are invited for interview at Wixams Academy you will need to produce all of the following documents as evidence of your identity and your right to work in in the UK:
- Passport. If you are unable to produce this please bring the long version of your UK Birth Certificate
- If you are a non-EU worker, proof of your right to work in the UK
- A UK photocard and counterpart Driving Licence or EU Identity Card
- Proof of your home address, ie a utility bill or a bank statement issued within the last 3 months
- Proof of your NI number, ie a P45, P60 or letter from HMRC
- For teachers: proof of your qualifications and QTS - please bring your original certificates.
You will also be asked to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check formerly known as a CRB check.